Someone say no other beverage defines the Italian philosophy of la dolce vita, or the good life, quite like Prosecco.
It’s long been the aperitivo of choice for Italians up and down the peninsula, and it’s now the most sold sparkler in the U.S.—and for good reason: It’s refreshing, flavorful, light-bodied, (usually) dry, and features a wallet-friendly price tag.
But that’s not all: here are 5 other power points you need to know about this iconic bubbly:
- It can only produced in specific areas of Italy
- It’s sparkling wine, not Champagne
- There’s a range from sweet to dry
- It’s not just an aperitivo
- You can drink it every day
Read more about Prosecco wine on WineMag.